Jan 29, 2014
Call for Additional Staff
Are you looking for ways to get involved in Singapore’s Literary and Publishing scene?
Are you hoping to make a real difference in the lives of Singaporeans?
The Book Council is currently looking for leaders to join its small but dynamic Secretariat to be an advocate for and promote its programmes.
The Book Council staff will have the chance to :
- Experience some of the city’s best literary events
- Meet writers and members of the book and publishing community in Singapore and the region
- Assist in organising training programmes
- Develop personal and professional relationships with members of the literary arts and publishing community
We are looking for young professionals in the literary and publishing field who are passionate about our mission and who are looking for meaningful ways to engage with our diverse initiatives. You can be a young writer on the side, a marketing and PR Executive hoping to get experience in the non-profit sector, or someone mature looking to give back to your community.
The applicant will be required to:
- Collaboratively plan several programmes per calendar year
- Promote the programmes widely and effectively
- Attend to administrative routine related to events organisation
- Get sponsorships for programmes organised whenever possible
- Administer the awards for literary excellence
- Engage the communities especially those conversant in the mother tongue
After reviewing our website (http://www.bookcouncil.sg) please complete the application below.
We look forward to working with you to ensure that Singapore’s writing and publishing continues to flourish and we effectively serve as the literary and publishing hub for Asian Content.
Contact : Kenneth Quek , Tel : 6848 8292